ORDINANCE PERTAINING TO BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETINGS; REGULATING THE SALARY AND SPECIAL MEETING ALLOWANCE FOR THE MAYOR AND ALDERMAN FOR THE CITY OF RICH HILL, MISSOURI.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN OF THE CITY OF RICH HILL AS FOLLOWS:
Section 1: Regular Meetings
The Board of Aldermen shall hold at least 1 meeting in each calendar month on a day determined by the Board. The meeting shall be held in the Aldermen Chambers at City Hall unless otherwise posted.
Section 2: Special Meetings
- Subject to such other notice and requirements of §§ 610.020 and 610.021 of the Missouri Revised Statutes, the Mayor or any 2 members of the Board of Aldermen may call special meetings at any time by written request filed with the City Clerk.
- The City Clerk shall prepare a notice of the special meeting. The notice shall state the following:
- The time, place and location of the meeting; and
- The purpose of the meeting.
- The notice shall be served personally upon each member of the Board or left at his usual place of residence at least 12 hours before the time of the meeting and the City Clerk shall make a diligent effort to notify each member of the Board in person, either by telephone or otherwise, of the special session.
Section 3: Mayor Salary
The salary for the Mayor shall be $350.00 monthly, payable on the 1st day of each month.
Section 4: Aldermen Salary
The salary of each Alderman shall be $90.00 monthly to be payable on the 1st day of each month.
Section 5: Special Meeting Allowance
The Mayor and Aldermen shall each receive $7.50 for each special meeting they attend provided that more than two meetings are attended in a calendar month.
Section 6: Ordinance No. 1653 is hereby repealed and replaced by this Ordinance.
Section 7: The invalidity of any section, clause, sentence or provisions of this Ordinance shall not affect the validity of any other part of this Ordinance that can be given effect without the invalid part or parts.
Section 8: All ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict with the provisions of this Ordinance are hereby repealed.
Section 9: This Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage and approval.
READ two times and PASSED by the Board of Aldermen of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, and APPROVED by the Mayor of Rich Hill, this 28th day of August, 2018.
Jason Rich, Mayor
ATTEST: Ayes: Humble, Robb, Kassner, Pilcher
Brittany Schenker, City Clerk
[i] For informational purposes, this ordinance repeals and replaces Ordinance 1653, enacted June 13, 2017: which replaced Ordinance 1381, enacted May 8, 2012; which replaced Ordinance 1366, enacted July 26, 2001; which replaced Ordinance 1158, enacted February 11, 2003; which replaced Ordinance 874, enacted May 14, 1979.