The City of Rich Hill is always accepting applications.
The City of Rich Hill has a job opening for City Clerk. This is a regular full-time position reporting to the Board of Aldermen. Interested parties may submit an application and resume. This position will remain open until filled. Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 120 N. 7th, Rich Hill, MO 64779.
Supervise as Custodian of Records and Secretary for Board of Aldermen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as Custodian of the official City records and public documents; perform certification and recording for the City as required on legal documents and other records that require such certification.
- Seal and attest by signature to ordinances, resolutions, contracts, easements, deeds, bonds or other documents requiring City certification.
- Catalog and file all City records.
- Attend regular meetings, special meetings, and public meetings of the Board of Aldermen; oversee and perform an accurate recording of the proceedings and the preparation of the minutes, assure proper legislative terminology, recording; distribute information as requested.
- Prepare, distribute, and advertise agendas for regular meetings, special meetings, and public hearings of the Board of Aldermen; and other reports for the Board of Aldermen.
- Oversee the codification of ordinances into the Municipal Code.
- Sign all checks for the City of Rich Hill and compare the prepared checks to supporting documentation to conform with internal control procedures.
- Administer the issuance of certain municipal licenses including alcoholic beverages and various regulatory licenses as assigned in accordance with applicable City ordinances and regulations.
- Charged with the composition and preparation of all the Mayor’s proclamations presented by the City.
- Exercise supervision and delegation of tasks to the Deputy City Clerk/Utility Billing Clerk and part time clerk.
- Administer the oath of office to Public Officials and Police Officers.
- Prepare annual budget for the City of Rich Hill and the Board of Aldermen.
- Act as the municipal election authority and conduct all municipal elections.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of accounting and the principles and practices of modern public administration; extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures; thorough knowledge of modern records management techniques, including legal requirements for recording, retention, and disclosure;
- Knowledge of the organization and functions of municipal government;
- Knowledge of laws, codes, and statutes related to City records;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, officials, and the public;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Shall not be in arrears for any unpaid city taxes;
- Be a qualified voter under the laws and Constitution of the State of Missouri;
- Two years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience with additional work experience substituting for the required education;
- Must be bondable;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency, however an associates or 4-year degree in Business, Financing, or Accounting are preferred; and
Valid Missouri driver’s license required.
For more information contact City Hall at 417-395-2223. Applications may be faxed to 417-395-4555, mailed or dropped off at City Hall 120 N. 7th Rich Hill, MO 64779. The City of Rich Hill is an equal opportunity employer.