WHEREAS, Ordinance 1612 does not address RV’s, travel trailers and campers that were present and in compliance prior to its passage
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BOARD OF ALDERMAN OF THE CITY OF RICH HILL, MISSOURI, REGULATIONS FOR RV’S, TRAVEL TRAILERS AND CAMPERS PRESENT AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH NOW REPEALED ORDINANCE 1321 IN THE CITY LIMITS PRIOR TO THE PASSAGE OF ORDINANCE 1612 ON 27TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER 2016, AS FOLLOWS:
1) The term camper shall refer to RV’s, Travel Trailers and Campers
2) City shall refer to the City of Rich Hill
3) City Superintendent shall include his or her authorized representative
4) Chief of Police shall include his or her authorized representative
5) Resident shall mean a person with his or her primary mailing address in the City of Rich Hill
B) Terms for Compliance
1) A resident who was in compliance of Ordinance 1321 before ordinance 1612 passed and a full time resident of the City of Rich Hill shall be allowed to maintain residence in the current camper until January 1, 2020 providing there has been no break in dwelling of the camper for 30 days or more from January 1, 2016 or after first residency was established if residency was established after January 1, 2016.
2) Residence meeting the criteria for continued dwelling in a camper must fill out an application containing the current camper serial number, make and year by March 31, 2017. The camper must be inspected by the City Superintendent or Chief of Police to validate current serial number, make, year, and compliance of Ordinance 1321.
3) A different camper may not be used to replace the resident’s current camper for continued dwelling.
4) Residence of this camper is non-transferable.
5) A resident in a camper may choose to build a house in place of the camper without meeting the minimum housing size in ordinance 1612. The resident may also relocate the camper on the same property to build the house. The resident shall be required to follow Ordinance 1612 except minimum housing size.
6) If the resident chooses to build a house, the structure must meet all City, County and State codes, permits and inspection requirements.
7) All other aspects of Ordinance 1612 shall be enforced.
This Resolution was read and passed this the 10th day of January 2017.
Jennifer Perkey-Ewing, Mayor Brittany Schenker, City Clerk
Ayes: Humble, Pilcher, Robb, Rich