BILL NO.393 ORDINANCE NO. 1393
AN ORDINANCE TO ESTABLISH THE DUTIES, HOURS AND COMPENSATION FOR THE POSITION OF DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SAFETY FOR THE CITY OF RICH HILL.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED, by the Board of Aldermen of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, as follows:
Section 1. Job Duties
The Director of Public Safety for the City of Rich Hill will be required to perform the following duties:
- Shall work cooperatively with the State Emergency Management, Civil Defense and Police Department and any other departments as required to protect the public’s safety and welfare.
- Shall be responsible for record management of all criminal charges and convictions.
- Shall work cooperatively with all other departments to ensure that all radio communications are conducted efficiently and appropriately.
- Shall assist the citizens of Rich Hill with preventing fire and working toward prevention of crime.
Section 2. Working Hours
The Director of Public Safety for the City of Rich Hill will be required to work 40 hours a week. A workweek will begin at 7:00 a.m. on Monday and end the following Monday at 6:59 a.m.
The Director of Public Safety must work at least 1 weekend a month with rotating shifts.
Section 3. Salary
The Director of Public Safety for the City of Rich Hill will be paid a weekly salary to be set by the Board of Alderman.
Section 4. Benefits
The Director of Public Safety for the City of Rich Hill will comply with the ordinance of work rules and procedures for the employees of the City of Rich Hill.
Section 5. Qualifications
- Live within the city limits of Rich Hill.
- Be certified by the Department of Public Safety and meet the requirements of Peace Officer Standards Training.
Any ordinance or parts of ordinances in conflict with this ordinance are hereby repealed.
First Reading this 23rd day of April 2013.
Second Reading this 14th day of May 2013.
Richard Miller, Mayor
Tonya Perryman, City Clerk
Ayes: Pilcher, Moreland, Perkey-Ewing, Becker Nays: None