Bill No. 109 Ordinance No. 1128
AN ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE ANNEXATION OF A CERTAIN UNINCORPORATED AREA OF REAL PROPERTY CONTIGUOUS TO THE PRESENT CORPORATE LIMITS OF THE CITYOF RICH HILL, BATES COUNTY, MISSOURI.
WHEREAS, Stephen R Haile, Sharon K Haile, Security Bank, James J. King and Debra C. King, are the owners of all the fee interest of record of certain tracts of real property located within an unincorporated area contiguous to the existing corporate limits of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, and the City desires annexation of such property to the City; and
WHEREAS, a public hearing concerning the annexation was held on the 8th day of May 2001 at 6:30 P.M. at the City Hall in Rich Hill, Missouri, and Notice of such hearing was published in the Rich Hill Mining Review, a weekly newspaper of general circulation on the 26th day of April 2001; and
WHEREAS, on the 8th day of May 2001 the Board of Alderman of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, did determine that the annexation of the tracts of real property described in such notice is reasonable and necessary to the proper development of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, and that the City has the ability to furnish normal municipal services to such area within a reasonable time; and
WHEREAS, all things required by Section 71.012 RSMo. 1978, as amended have been done.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINDED BY THE BOARD OF ALDERMAN OF THE CITY OF RICH HILL, MISSOURI, AS FOLLOWS:
- The following described real property is hereby annexed to and made a part of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, to-with
All of blocks 146,147, & W 150’ of block 148 Town Company’s 4th Addition to
town, now City, of Rich Hill, Bates County, Missouri.
All of Block 148 except the East 70 feet thereof, and further excepting the West 150 feet of Block 148, all in Town Company’s 4th Addition to the Town, now City, of Rich Hill, Bates County, Missouri.
All that parts of Lots 209, 210, 211, 212, 216, 217, and the North Half, lying East of Old Highway 71 and lying West of new U.S. Highway 71 as platted in Book 447, page 310; including that part of vacated property formerly belonging to St. Louis and San Francisco RR Co., EXCEPT the North 242 feet of the above described tract; all in Town Company’s 4th Addition to Rich Hill, Bates County, Missouri.
2. The corporate limits of the City are hereby extended to include the above described real property and henceforth the boundary line of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, shall enclose the above described real property.
3. All ordinances, or parts of ordinances, in conflict with the provisions of this ordinance are hereby repealed.
4. The invalidity of any section, clause, sentence or provisions of this ordinance shall not affect the validity of any other part of this ordinance which can be given effect such invalid part or parts.
5. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage and approval as provided by law. Three certified copies of this ordinance shall be immediately filed with the Clerk of Bates County, Missouri, whereupon this annexation shall be complete and final
READ TWO TIMES ANDPASSED THIS 22ndDAY OFMAY 2001.
Robert F. Cope, Mayor
Rose Entrikin, City Clerk
Ayes: Miller, Wills, Humble, Lees
CERTIFICATION BY THE CITY CLERK
STATE OF MISSOURI )
COUNTY OF BATES )
I, Rose Entrikin, Clerk of the City of Rich Hill, in the County and State aforesaid, do hereby certify that the above and foregoing ordinance providing for the Annexation of a certain unincorporated area of real property, contiguous to the present corporate limits of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, is a true and correct copy of the Ordinance No. 1128 duly adopted by the Council of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri, at their regular meeting on the 22nd day of May 2001.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I hereby set my hand and affix the seal of the said City at my office in Rich Hill, Missouri. ________________________________________
Rose Entrikin, Clerk of the City of Rich Hill, Missouri